This means everything (via mvdhavvi)
For my Girlfriends💋
Respect Yourself. Never Settle for Less.
25 Reading Tips📚
1. Take time to relax before you read; stretch and take a few deep breathes, then energize by visualizing a past success.
2. View reading as a method of processing information rather than a mechanical act of reading each word.
3. Create a mental image about the information you read. Remember that one picture is worth a thousand words.
4. Take frequent, brief breaks to relax. Read for 25 minutes; take a 5 minute break. Take four deep breaths and a few stretches.
5. Summarize out loud the main ideas that you learn. Schedule 3 to 5 minutes for every 30 minutes you study.
6. Take a few minutes after you read a selection to write a brief summary and then add two facts and examples.
7. Create short quizzes to test your understanding of the material you have read for each assignment.
8. Learn the elements of a diagram and then recreate it from memory on a blank page. Check accuracy and edit, if necessary.
9. Turn the bold titles of the chapter into questions. Answer by writing notes in the margin. Focus on main ideas, then on facts.
10. Use standard abbreviations or create your own when writing notes based on textbooks or articles.
11. Highlight text only after you say or rephrase and then write it in your own words in margins, endnotes, or note cards.
12. Read when you are most rested and alert—and least distracted. You’ll learn faster, greater, and enjoy better retention.
13. View vocabulary as a basic building block of comprehension and use illustrations to help understand and memorize meaning.
14. Focus attention by reading to answer questions or searching for key words and phrases. Repeat information in your own words.
15. Define a purpose for reading and then select a strategy for that purpose. Ask, “Should I survey, skim, or read closely?”
16. Create diagrams and charts after you read a selection. This enhances your comprehension and retention.
17. Read an assignment or article and discuss with a study partner the main ideas, facts, and implications.
18. Distinguish between reading to understand a concept and memorizing the information for use later.
19. Generate questions from the lecture titles. This provides a purpose for reading and an overview of the material.
20. Read the introduction, illustrations and summary as a preview of the assignment and recite the main ideas in your own words.
21. Increase reading rate by reading newspaper articles rapidly to answer the questions “who, what, where, when, why?”
22. Increase reading rate by reading an interesting and easy novel for 15 minutes each day. Focus on plot and character.
23. Do word and crossword puzzles to improve vocabulary and word usage. Use the dictionary to learn unfamiliar words.
24. Read the front page of a newspaper each day and discuss with a friend the main ideas and a few facts about one article.
25. Read a newspaper article and then listen to the radio and television versions. Compare the amount of background and detail.
*Note: For my study buddy, though you may be far away, this is for us.📖 Aim high and don’t stop believing.👍💋
See? I just turned one.😄🎉🎁
#myproofofpurchase #turnedone #tumblrblogger
"You can fool everyone but not yourself."
How old are you in tumblr?☺Answer Me and I’ll Follow Back! 😉